Astronomers of Humboldt
The Astronomers of Humboldt ordinarily schedule meetings on the weekend nearest the new moon. Meetings may consist of an observing session or an indoor presentation.
- Saturday September 12. Summer Triangle Star Party. We are scheduled to meet at Kneeland Airport at dusk. High overhead will be Vega, Deneb, and Altair, marking the approaching end of summer. Check out the weather; check out the Kneeland Sky Cam; and check back here for any last-minute updates.
- Sunday September 27. Total Lunar Eclipse. The Moon rises locally at 7:02 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time during the umbral (partial) phase of the eclipse; totality begins at 7:11; mid-eclipse occurs at 7:47; totality ends at 8:23; the moon leaves the umbra at 9:27. This is the last of our current series of four-in-a-row total eclipses, or "Blood Moons" as the media have called them. No official AOH meeting is scheduled; observe from wherever you have a good view of the eastern horizon.
Meeting dates and special events for the rest of 2015 (check back for details):
- Saturday October 10. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Saturday November 7. Public Observing at Arts Alive.
- Saturday November 14. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Saturday December 5. Public Observing at Arts Alive.
- Saturday December 12. Regular Monthly Meeting.
Here are links to some west coast star parties: Golden State Star Party [at http://www.goldenstatestarparty.org/], Oregon Star Party [at http://www.oregonstarparty.org/], RTMC Astronomy Expo [at http://www.rtmcastronomyexpo.org/general.html], Brothers Star Party [at http://mbsp.org/], Starry Skies Over Yosemite [at http://www.yosemitepark.com/starry-skies.aspx], Stars Over Yosemite [at http://www.sjaa.net/stars-over-yosemite/], Nightfall Star Party [at http://nightfallstarparty.com/].