Astronomers of Humboldt
The Astronomers of Humboldt ordinarily schedule meetings on the weekend nearest the new moon. Meetings may consist of an observing session or an indoor presentation.
- Saturday April 4. Total Lunar Eclipse. This is an early morning event: the Moon enters the Earth's umbra at 3:16 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time; totality begins at 4:58; mid-eclipse occurs at 5:00; totality ends at 5:03; the Moon leaves the umbra 6:45. The Moon sets at 7:04. No Club meeting is planned; observe from wherever you can see the Moon.
- Saturday April 18. Regular Monthly Meeting. Place, time, agenda tba.
Meeting dates and special events for the rest of 2015 (check back for details):
- Saturday May 16. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Saturday June 13. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Saturday July 18. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Wednesday August 12. Perseid Meteor Shower.
- Saturday August 15. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Saturday September 12. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Sunday September 27. Total Lunar Eclipse. Moon rises rises during totality at 7:02 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time; mid-eclipse 7:47; totality ends 8:23; moon leaves umbra 9:27.
- Saturday October 10. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Saturday November 7. Public Observing at Arts Alive.
- Saturday November 14. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Saturday December 5. Public Observing at Arts Alive.
- Saturday December 12. Regular Monthly Meeting.
Here are links to some west coast star parties: Golden State Star Party [at http://www.goldenstatestarparty.org/], Oregon Star Party [at http://www.oregonstarparty.org/], RTMC Astronomy Expo [at http://www.rtmcastronomyexpo.org/general.html], Brothers Star Party [at http://mbsp.org/], Starry Skies Over Yosemite [at http://www.yosemitepark.com/starry-skies.aspx], Nightfall Star Party [at http://nightfallstarparty.com/].