Astronomers of Humboldt
The Astronomers of Humboldt ordinarily schedule meetings on the weekend nearest the new moon. Meetings may consist of an observing session or an indoor presentation.
- Saturday April 29. Regular Monthly Meeting. We will have an observing session at Kneeland Observatory if the weather is clear. Otherwise, there will be an indoor presentation.
Tentative meeting dates and special events for the rest of 2017 (check back for details):
- Friday May 19. Astronomy Day at Kneeland. Outreach event for Kneeland School.
- Tuesday May 23. Astronomy Night in Willow Creek. Outreach event for Creekside Arts and Education Learning Center.
- Saturday May 27. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Saturday June 24. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Saturday July 22. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- July 31 or August 1 or 3 or 4: date to be determined. Astronomy Day in McKinleyville. Outreach event for McKinleyville Community Services District Kids Camp.
- Saturday August 12. Perseid Meteor Shower.
- Monday August 21. Total Solar Eclipse. Oregon and points East.
- Saturday September 16. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Saturday October 21. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Saturday November 18. Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Saturday December 2. Public Observing at Arts Alive.
- Saturday December 16. Regular Monthly Meeting.
Here are links to some west coast star parties: Brothers Star Party [at http://mbsp.org/], Golden State Star Party [at http://www.goldenstatestarparty.org/], Nightfall Star Party [at http://nightfallstarparty.com/], Oregon Star Party [at http://www.oregonstarparty.org/], RTMC Astronomy Expo [at http://rtmcastronomyexpo.org/], Starry Night Skies Over Yosemite [at http://www.travelyosemite.com/things-to-do/evening-programs/],